Friday , 21 June 2019
Latest News
Da Chan Bay Terminal One in Shenzhen port received its first direct feeder service from Hong Kong over the weekend (13th July) with the maiden call of ‘Yue Hui Hai 118’ operated by Ever Harvest and Xiamen Harvest Shipping, a major Hong Kong based feeder provider.

First direct feeder call for Da Chan Bay Terminal One

The service benefitted from full customs clearance and cargo inspection procedures that are in place at the terminal, following the signing of a memorandum of understanding with Shenzhen Customs in May this year allowing direct feeder calls from Hong Kong.

Situated in the western Shenzhen port area and serving the Pan-Pearl River Delta areas, Da Chan Bay Terminal One is a new international container terminal covering 112 hectares, with a 1.83km quay at a draught of 15.5 m, which is to be dredged to 18 m. The terminal first opened with two berths in December 2007, with a further three berths expected to be completed this year.

It is jointly owned by Modern Terminals Limited, the oldest container terminal operator in Hong Kong, which holds a 65% share, with Shenzhen Dachan Bay Port Investment & Development Company under the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of Shenzhen Municipal Government holding the remaining 35% share.