Tuesday , 21 January 2020
Latest News

Yearly Archives: 2008

Wilson,Sons take control of Tecon Salvador SA

Wilson,Sons, one of the largest integrated operators of port and maritime logistics in the Brazilian market, has become the sole owner of Tecon Salvador SA following a BR$12,490,870.32 (US$ 5,036,849.54) purchase and transfer of 2,761,695 shares, equivalent to 10% of Tecon Salvador SA's total share capital held by IFC (International Finance Corporation) according to a Brazilian Stock Exchange announcement yesterday (9 December). Read More »

Samskip extends online customer services

Samskip Multimodal Container Logistics has redesigned its existing electronic services and extended its online customer service capabilities to offer two different types of ‘e-services’, allowing customers to choose the most suitable system for their needs depending on the size, preferences and requirements. Read More »

DCT Gdansk boosts handling capacity

Polish deepwater container terminal DCT Gdansk has boosted its handling capabilities with three new Liebherr RTGs, in readiness for the increased volumes forecast following the decision by Maersk Line to switch its Polish hub from Gdynia to DCT Gdansk this month (December). Read More »

Virginia overcomes economic slowdown to post container growth

The Virginia Port Authority (VPA) reports its containerised cargo business grew by 0.4% from January through October, despite the economic problems confronting the international shipping industry. "I think it shows that we're holding up pretty well during these difficult economic times," said Thomas D. Capozzi, the VPA senior marketing director. "Our fiscal year-to-date numbers are down about 2.6%, and we'll be concentrating on keeping that number in check and reversing it." Read More »

Premiere trailer trains service for Port of Gothenburg

This week marked the premiere for trailer trains to the Port of Gothenburg, resulting in major environmental benefits. The first trains to leave ran between the Port of Gothenburg and three other locations in Sweden - Vännäs, Helsingborg and Eskilstuna. Read More »

Panama receives bids for third excavation project

The Panama Canal Authority (ACP) has received six bids for the third of four dry excavation contracts under its Canal Expansion Programme. The submissions will now be reviewed and a winner determined later this month for this next phase of the project. Read More »

Thermo King Introduces EcoPower PLUS for Gensets

Following the launch in spring 2007 of its SG-3000 series of gensets with optional EcoPower application – resulting in 95% of units sold being fitted with this option at customers’ request with the remaining 5% retrofitted in early 2008 - Thermo King has introduced EcoPower PLUS. Read More »